- John and Mary ……. the radio.
a. are listening on b. are listening to c. is listening on d. is listening to
2. What’s his name?
a. It’s name Jack b. It’s a Jack c. It’s Jack’s name d. It’s Jack
3. The lamp is …….. the television.
a. at b. next to. c. near of d. between
4. My brother is writing ………
a. by a pencil b. with pen c. in a paper d. in a book
5. Monday is the first day
a. Tuesday is the second b. The second bis thursday c. Tuesday is the fourth d. The fourth is thursday.
6.Micheal ….for the Bank since last year.
a.did work b. has worked c.does work d. works
7. I’m really looking forward ….. this exercise
a.to finish b.finishing c. finish d.to finishing
8.Suddenly, we heard a loud noise, but outside, there ……..there!
a.was nobody b. is anybody c. wasn’t nobody d.was somebody
9.Michael………Paris in the morning
a.to leaving b leaves for c is leaving for d. leave to
10. a. What’s like the weather? b. How’s the weather? c. What’s the weather like? d. How the weather is?
11.I ….. working at night nowadays.
a. used to b. used c. am used to. d would
12.I wish I ….. a million dollars, I’m tired of being poor.
a. have b would have c.had d. had had
13. …..in telling me these lies, because you know I don’t believe you.
a. There is no use b. It is no point c.It is no use d. It is usefulness
14. By this time tomorrow we ….. the meeting.
a. will have b. will have had c. are having d.will had had
15. “We’ll never be able to do it” said the man to nobody ……
a. especially b. specially c. in particular d.himself
a.carry out b be thirsty. c. supply d. prove
a. build b. fall down. c. stay safe d. keep safe
a. cause b. expectation. c. approach d. promotion
a. proud b. skilled c. wise d. well – known
a. wear b. stiff c. necessary d. unimportant
21. Match the words with their meanings
- conventional ————- a. elevator
- prohibit ————- ———–b. creative
- lift ——————————-c. fluctuate
- disperse ———————- d. convincing
- cogent ————————e. customary
- ingenious ————————- f. scatter
- vibrate —————————– g. ban
From the bold words find the one which is not correct.
22. Some fishes live at such enormous depths that they are almost complete blind
23. Animals that live in cold climates often hibernate throughout the winter when food is scarcely.
24. Morse code was an important way to send messages before the telephone and radio are invented.
25. Language is an important factor in the accumulate of culture.